BEFORE YOU CONTRIBUTE TO RUMORMILL.COM ...
Just like ice cream, a little dish never hurt anyone. BUT ... there are things to remember when writing and posting to RumorMill.com. For one, this site is for entertainment purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as gospel, truth, the voice of reason, and most definitely not for influencing your political persuasion. The domain is RUMORMILL.COM, for heaven sake!
Unless there's independent verification or attribution given for any of the content you see on this site, nothing here is meant to be taken seriously. Seriously ... don't do that. After all, look at the characters that are typing stuff here.
Read more underneath the alien's picture.
We are thrilled to give our users the chance to become RumorMill.com celebs in their own right. This means users get to contribute to our content by writing about stuff they hear. In order to assure a minimum of ethics and standards, we ask that all users who contribute to RumorMill.com agree to following terms and rules as outlined on this page.
To begin, RumorMill.com, as outlined above our alien writer, is an entertainment site only. We welcome bizarre stuff, stories, rumors, whispers of something going on, the peculiar, the prurient, the funny, the sad, the tragic and anything else you write, except for the blatantly slanderous. If your mission is to trash someone just because you don't like their name, their faith (religion), their sexual orientation, their skin color, their accent, their country, their gender, their children or their parents, we strongly recommend you find a hate site supported by the Reverend Phelps. RumorMill.com is not for you, and we will delete your sh** from our site immediately.
The owner of RumorMill.com has the final say on all things. Think of him as the domain king. He is ruler supreme. If you disagree with what he rules, so be it. But he does rule here. Even the webmaster must obey his command. That is final. If he says we crossed the line, he will bring us back over it. No matter what. You are under his benevolent rule, but mind your P's and Q's.
We reserve the right to edit or completely delete contributions at any time, and for any reason. We know this will happen from time to time.
As contributors, users must agree to relinquish all rights and claims to any material posted here, and you must agree you are not deliberately plagiarizing the works of another person. Remember, this is for rumors, not republishing someone else's goods.
Our pals at ComicBookMovie.com gave us the following ideas for Do's and Dont's, so we decided to adopt them here, as well:
Don't Do This Stuff:
- No trolling
- No pornography (we'll do that if we want)
- No hatred or racial slurs
- No copyright infringement
- No plagiarism
- No hacking
- No spamming or soliciting (products or pu**y)
The Stuff We Encourage:
- Create unique content! Your stuff could get listed right on the RumorMill.com homepage.
- Follow your rumored material regularly and post updates, that way we all know the latest dish!
- Encourage friends to follow your rumors on RumorMill.com and to post comments.
More stuff to consider:
• When aggregating content from other sites, only take a portion of someone's work. A paragraph or two is acceptable. If you snag too much, maybe do a bit more reading around, and then write a totally new rumor. We encourage you to write your own rumors if you can find at least one attribution source!
• Always credit your source. Make sure when you use content from another site or news source that you give them credit.
• Don't use copyrighted images. There is of stuff on the web that's free, so use that. If we are contacted by a copyright owner, we will have to take down whatever you post.
• Exclusive content is GREAT! Do a lot of that.
If You Are 18 or younger, get your parent's permission before you start writing.
There is not really a way for us to scan your ID to know for certain that you are 18 and over, and we don't have any porn on the site, so there's not really going to be anything to damage you. But frankly, it's only proper that we tell you to at least be an adult chronologically, even if some of the stuff we encourage is a bit juvinile. So rememember, 18 and over, please.
TOXIC TEA THAT IS GREEN
What favorite Green Tea is made with chemicals that are part of some of the worst toxic pollutants? Hint: This stuff ain't made in China.
WHO'S GONNA GET LUCKY?
Don't laugh. It might be you! The Crystal Ball has your horoscope and the horoscopes of the celebs.